An old and beautiful church that stands amid Tsuwano’sscape
Tsuwano Catholic Church was built by Father Schafer, a German, in 1931, and it features Gothic-inspired architecture. Of wood and plaster construction, the building is particularly noticeable amid the oldscape of Tsuwano’s Tonomachi area. Fitting for an old church, the interior features a tatami floor and beautiful, vividly-colored stained glass. The Otome Toge Exhibition Room adjacent to the church houses a collection of materials relating to the martyrdom of Christians.
|Tel. No. for Inquiries||津和野カトリック教会 TEL：0856-72-0251|
|Operating Hours||07:30 to 17:00|
|Fee||Free to visit (Exhibition room has a donation box)|
|Access||Walk approx. 12 mins. from Tsuwano Station on the JR Yamaguchi Line|